Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 7 in Chile: Exploring!



It is Saturday, May 14th 2011 and today was pretty much our free day. Most people decided to sleep in today and get some rest. I woke up around 11 o’clock and got ready to walk around town. I was working on my blog and adding pictures until about 2 o’clock when a group of us decided to find shops nearby. We walked in the area where we were on the first day in Chile. This time, our visit to this area of town was much more alive. We went into little shops that sold a variety of items. On our little stroll, we also saw little puppies up for adoption. They were adorable and I wanted to bring one back with us, but unfortunately I would have a problem getting it on the plane. Today, I bought some souvenirs for the family, which I will not give away on here because they are probably reading this. After shopping, we got a late lunch at a quaint little restaurant. I got pollo y papas pure again and it was delicious. We came back to the hotel to get ready for the soccer game. At around 6 p.m. we headed for the soccer game, which took about an hour to walk to. We routed for the team Everton, which is a soccer team in Vina del Mar. The game was awesome, even though it ended in a tie. The fans were so supportive and singing the entire game, which made the game even more interesting to watch. Once the soccer game ended we went back to the hotel and made plans to go to a nearby pub before a discoteca. Tomorrow is another free day and we are hoping the mall is open, so I will let you know in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment