Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 12 in Chile: Our Last Day!

Today is Thursday May 19 2011 and unfortunately it is our last day in Chile. This morning, I started my day off with shopping at nearby stores and souvenir shops. I wanted to get some last minute gifts for people, but I did not end up buying anything but some cute postcards. We went to the pasteleria, which is a bakery close to these shops in Vina del Mar. I ordered a QueQue Individual, which was a muffin. It was very good, but I have no clue what kind of muffin it was. After the bakery, we went in search of a soccer store that was no longer open. At about this time, our small group had to return to the hotel so we could take a bus to the University. When we arrived at the University, we learned more about the majors offered at the University and becoming an exchange student. When we were walking to the cafeteria for lunch, we saw some dancers performing outside. They were doing certain traditional dances like the cueca. After some lunch, we went to the soccer and basketball courts where we had teams of Gringos versus Chileans. The teams were slightly mixed then afterwards with some Chileans and some Gringos on either team. A few others and I went back to the hotel early to pack and go to some shops before we eat dinner. I found a way to pack my steel-toed boots in my suitcase with all of my clothes and everything else. At around eight o’clock, everyone headed to a really nice pizza place to eat dinner for the last time with our Chilean friends. These individuals have really made our stay in Chile wonderful and we thanked them for showing us around and teaching us so much about their country and customs. It has been a wonderful experience and truly amazing opportunity. I cannot believe our two weeks has come to an end, but I loved every moment I spent here in Chile. Thank you to all of our Chilean amigos! Now, the only problem is the extremely long flight back home tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Julie,
    I may be traveling to Santiago later this year. I am just in the planning stages and wondered what hotel you stayed at. Also, if you don't mind me asking, how good is your Spanish? Mine is rudimentary, but I am working on it.
    Thank you for your time.
    Charmain

    ReplyDelete